Silicone Oil 5000 CST
Aurosil Plus-(5000 cst) is a (Purified Polydimethyl siloxane) highly purified long chain Polydimethyl siloxane trime thyl siloxy terminated silicone oil designed for prolonged tamponade after surgical treatment for severe retinal detachment.
- Greater stability.
- Reduced emulsification due to a high degree of purification and low level of reactive –OH end groups.
- Less tissue impregnation.
- Low level of catalyst impurities minimize the risks of interactions with the ocular environment.
- Subjected to all physical and chemical analysis (H-NMR spectral test, gel permeation chromatography study and gas chromatography) to ensure purity level.
- Viscosity (at 25°C) – 5000 cst +/- 250 cst
- Refractive index (at 25°C) – 1.4
- Molecular weight - 44000 Daltons +/- 1000
- Average Molecular Weight (daltons) : 44,000 ±1000
- Toxic Residue - Nil
- Content of -OH end groups - <70 ppm
- Retinal detachment with giant tear.
- Retinal detachment with proliferative vitreo retinopathy (PVR).
- Traumatic retinal detachment.
Aurosil Plus is contraindicated in patients with known hypersensitivity to silicone oil. In Pseudophakic patients with silicone intraocular lens (silicone oil can chemically interact and opacify silicone elastomers).
Available in 10ml vial in a sterile pouch