Auro K Pro
Auro KPro is an artificial cornea, used in cases of severe corneal opacity when a standard corneal opacity does not succeed.
An artificial cornea (keratoprosthesis) used to treat corneal opacity which provides good central vision.
Auro K pro design is similar to Boston Keratoprosthesis.
- The KPro is made of clinical grade PMMA.
- It consists of three parts,
- The front part (front plate with stem).
- The back plate.
- The lock ring
- The KPros are manufactured to match the refractive need of the individual patient according to their lens status. (phakic /aphakic/ pseudophakic).
- For the eye that is pseudophakic and therefore, approximately emmetropic, and where the IOL is left in place at surgery, a single standard power (45 D) is manufactured.
- For aphakic eyes of different axial lengths, however, devices with varying degrees of power are made to allow a match to the patientís need as closely as possible.
- Thus, the axial length of the individual aphakic patient is always requested from the surgeon to allow the choice of a KPro that theoretically matches the dioptric requirement of the eye to be operated.
Post operative outcome after keratoprosthesis:
- Improved vision restricted to the center field.
- Immediate recovery period.
- Post op antibiotic usage throughout their life time.