Sodium hyaluronate 3%w/v with Chondroitin sulphate 4%w/v
Aurocoat Plus is an Ophthalmic viscosurgical device is a sterile, isotonic,pyrogen-free, high viscosity,medium molecular weight of highly purified grade of Sodium hyaluronate 3% and Sodium Chondroitin sulphate 4%w/v dissolved in a buffered physiological solution for Intraocular application.
- Good protection of endothelial cells and exhibits superior retention at various flow rates
- Superior Space maintenance
- Exhibit both dispersive and cohesive properties during capsulorhexis, phaco-emulsification and easy to remove
- Sodium hyaluronate : 30 mg/ml (3%w/v)
- Chondroitin sulphate : 40 mg/ml (4%w/v)
- Sodium hyaluronate : 1 M Daltons
- Chondroitin sulphate : >25,000 Daltons
- pH : 6.5-7.8
- Osmolality : 250-400 mOsm/Kg
- Viscosity (@ 27°C) : 20,000-60,000 cPs
- Refractive index : 1.330-1.350 @ 25°C
- Specific gravity : 1.000-1.040 @ 25°C
- Spectral transmittance : >90%
Aurocoat plus is indicated as a surgical aid (medical device) during surgical procedures involving the anterior chamber of the eye, including extraction of the lens and insertion of intraocular lenses. It maintains the depth of the anterior chamber during the whole surgical procedure and permits greater operative precision without the risk of damaging the endothelium of the cornea or other intraocular tissues. The visco elasticity of the solution maintains the normal position of vitreous phase and prevents formation of a flat chamber during surgery.
There are no contraindication in the use of Aurocoat plus if used as recommended.
Available in sterile 1ml pre-filled glass syringes.