Aurolab aqueous drainage implant
AADI, a non-valved glaucoma shunt indicated for glaucoma patients for not responding maximal medical therapy, failed trabeculectomy, neovascular, congenitial and uveitic glaucoma.
- Made of permanent implantable grade silicone, a proven material for patient safety.
- Results in anatomical and functional success rates.
- The two fixation holes in the silicone plate can be used to suture the plate to the sclera using 8-0 or 9-0 nylon sutures.
Key Features of AADI:
Large surface Area:
- Large surface area of the silicone plate provides aqueous filtration and pressure relief by controlling long term intraocular pressure with fewer post operative complication and medication needed than small plate design.
Single Quadrant Insertion:
- Innovative design for simple and faster surgical technique which allows surgeons to implant larger surface plate with lesser trauma and faster healing.
- Flexible tie-off capability in the silicone tube, which can be tight or loose to match complicated procedure.
- Unique fenestration design allow the growth of fibrous tissue to control bleb height and volumes, to secure plate in the place and minimize ocular motility disturbance.
- "This is to certify that we have been using the Aurolab Aqueous Drainage Implant (AADI) sincet he last one year.Based upon results of the first 10 patientsw ith at least 9 months follow-up, it appears to be a satisfactory device for treating refractory glaucomas." - Surinder Singh Pandav,Professor, PGIMER
- "I have been using Aravind Aqueous Drainage Device (AADI), the prototype for which is the Bearveldt 350, for about one year now and would like to share my experience." - Dr. Vanita Pathak Ray, Consultant VST Centre for Glaucoma, L V Prasad Eye Institute
- "This is to state that I have used the Aurolab AADI 350mm glaucoma drainage implant in 6 adult patients with refractory glaucoma in the past one year" - Dr. Murali Ariga, Medical Practitioner, Swamy Eye Clinic & Surgicentre
- "I have used the original Baerveldt implant, marketed initially by Pharmacia and later by AMO in the past." - Dr. Sunil S. Jain, Ophthalmic Surgeon , Iris
Recent Clinical Studies:
- Publication - 1 :
George V. Puthuran, MS, Paul Palmberg, MD, Hiruni Kaushalya Wijesinghe, MS, Subbaiah R. Krishnadas, DNB,Alan Robin, MD
Reference : 2019 The American Academy of Ophthalmology
Published by : Elsevier Inc. ISSN 2589-4196/19
- Publication - 2 :
Surinder Singh Pandav, Natasha Gautam Seth, Faisal Thattaruthody,Manpreet Kaur, Madhuri Akella, Abhinav Vats, Sushmita Kaushik, Srishti Raj
Reference : 2019 British Journal of Ophthalmology
Published by : bjophthalmol-2019-313942