Aurolab aqueous drainage implant
AADI, a non-valved glaucoma shunt indicated for glaucoma patients for not responding maximal medical therapy, failed trabeculectomy, neovascular, congenitial and uveitic glaucoma.
- Made of permanent implantable grade silicone, a proven material for patient safety.
- Results in anatomical and functional success rates.
- The two fixation holes in the silicone plate can be used to suture the plate to the sclera using 8-0 or 9-0 nylon sutures.
Key Features of AADI:
Large surface Area:
- Large surface area of the silicone plate provides aqueous filtration and pressure relief by controlling long term intraocular pressure with fewer post operative complication and medication needed than small plate design.
Single Quadrant Insertion:
- Innovative design for simple and faster surgical technique which allows surgeons to implant larger surface plate with lesser trauma and faster healing.
- Flexible tie-off capability in the silicone tube, which can be tight or loose to match complicated procedure.
- Unique fenestration design allow the growth of fibrous tissue to control bleb height and volumes, to secure plate in the place and minimize ocular motility disturbance.
- "This is to certify that we have been using the Aurolab Aqueous Drainage Implant (AADI) sincet he last one year.Based upon results of the first 10 patientsw ith at least 9 months follow-up, it appears to be a satisfactory device for treating refractory glaucomas." - Surinder Singh Pandav,Professor, PGIMER
- "I have been using Aravind Aqueous Drainage Device (AADI), the prototype for which is the Bearveldt 350, for about one year now and would like to share my experience." - Dr. Vanita Pathak Ray, Consultant VST Centre for Glaucoma, L V Prasad Eye Institute
- "This is to state that I have used the Aurolab AADI 350mm glaucoma drainage implant in 6 adult patients with refractory glaucoma in the past one year" - Dr. Murali Ariga, Medical Practitioner, Swamy Eye Clinic & Surgicentre
- "I have used the original Baerveldt implant, marketed initially by Pharmacia and later by AMO in the past." - Dr. Sunil S. Jain, Ophthalmic Surgeon , Iris
Recent Clinical Studies:
- Publication - 1 :
George V. Puthuran, MS, Paul Palmberg, MD, Hiruni Kaushalya Wijesinghe, MS, Subbaiah R. Krishnadas, DNB,Alan Robin, MD
Published in : The American Academy of Ophthalmology (2019).
- Publication - 2 :
Shweta G Rathi, Natasha G Seth, Savleen Kaur, Faisal Thattaruthody, Sushmita Kaushik, Srishti Raj, Surinder S Pandav, Jagat Ram
Published in : Indian Journal of Ophthalmology (2018).
- Publication - 3 :
GEORGE VARGHESE PUTHURAN, PAUL PALMBERG, HIRUNI KAUSHALYA WIJESINGHE, KUMAR SAURABH SRIVASTAV, SUBBAIAH RAMASAMY KRISHNADAS, AND ALAN LEE ROBIN
Published in : Am J Ophthalmol.
- Publication - 4 :
George Varghese Puthuran ,1 Paul Frederic Palmberg,2 Hiruni Kaushalya Wijesinghe ,1 Thandra Sai Shreya,1 S R Krishnadas,1 Steven J Gedde,3 Alan L Robin4
Published in : Br.J.O 2020.
- Publication - 5 :
Sharmila Rajendrababu,1 Vijayalakshmi A Senthilkumar,1 Sagnik Sen
Published in : BMJ Case Rep 2020.
- Publication - 6 :
Dr George Varghese Puthuran, MS, Head of Glaucoma Services, Dr Hiruni Kaushalya Wijesinghe, MS, Fellow in Glaucoma, Prof Steven J. Gedde, MD, Professor Ophthalmology, Dr Techi Dodum Tara, MS, Fellow in Glaucoma, Mr Mohammed Sithiq Uduman, M.SC, Biostatistician, Dr Subbaiah Ramasamy Krishnadas, DNB, Senior Consultant Glaucoma Services, Dr Alan Lee Robin, MD, Professor Ophthalmology, Prof Paul Palmberg, MD, PhD, Professor Ophthalmology
Published in : American Journal of Ophthalmology.
- Publication - 7 :
Dr Hiruni Kaushalya Wijesinghe, MS Consultant Glaucoma Services Aravind Eye Hospital Madurai India 2. Dr George Varghese Puthuran, MS Head of Glaucoma Services Aravind Eye Hospital Madurai India 3. Prof Steven J Gedde, MD Professor Ophthalmology Bascom Palmer Eye Institute University of Miami School of Medicine Miami, Florida USA 4. Dr Chinmayee Pradhan, MS Fellow in Glaucoma Aravind Eye Hospital Madurai India 5. Mr Mohammed Sithiq Uduman, M.SC Biostatistician Aravind Eye Hospital Madurai India 6. Dr Subbaiah Ramasamy Krishnadas, DNB Senior Consultant Glaucoma Services Aravind Eye Hospital Madurai India 7. Dr Naresh Babu Kannan, MS Head of Vitreoretinal Services Aravind Eye Hospital Madurai India 8.Prof Alan Lee Robin, MD Professor Ophthalmology University of Michigan, Michigan USA 9. Prof Paul Palmberg, MD, PhD Professor Ophthalmology Bascom Palmer Eye Institute University of Miami School of Medicine Miami, Florida USA
Dr George Varghese Puthuran Head of Glaucoma Services Aravind Eye Hospital & Post Graduate Institute of Ophthalmology, Madurai, Tamil Nadu, India-625020 Email- firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com Mobile- 00919443043674
Published in : Journal of Glaucoma.
- Publication - 8 :
George V. Puthuran, MS,1 Paul Palmberg, MD,2 Hiruni Kaushalya Wijesinghe, MS,1 Subbaiah R. Krishnadas, DNB,1 Alan Robin, MD3
Reference : 2019 by the American Academy of Ophthalmology
Published in : The American Academy of Ophthalmology.
- Publication - 9 :
George Varghese Puthuran ,1 Paul Frederic Palmberg,2 Hiruni Kaushalya Wijesinghe ,1 Srilekha Pallamparthy,1 SR Krishnadas,1 Alan L Robin3
Published in : Br.J.O - 4 October 2019.
- Publication - 10 :
Naresh Babu ,1 Girish Baliga ,2 Hiruni Kaushalya Wijesinghe ,3 George Varghese Puthuran 3
Published in : Br J O - 3 December 2019
- Publication - 11 :
Indira Durai DNB , Srilekha Pallamparthy MS , George Varghese Puthuran MS , Hiruni Kaushalya Wijesinghe MS , Mohammed Sithiq Uduman M.SC , Subbaiah Ramasamy Krishnadas DNB , Alan Lee Robin MD , Paul Palmberg MD, PhD , Steven J Gedde MD
Published in : American Journal of Ophthalmology (2021).
- Publication - 12 :
George Varghese Puthuran, MS, Dr, Hiruni Kaushalya Wijesinghe, MS, Dr, Steven J. Gedde, MD, Prof, Kousalya Pavani Chiranjeevi, MS, Dr, Iswarya Mani, M.Sc, Ms, Subbaiah Ramasamy Krishnadas, DNB, Dr, Alan Lee Robin, MD, Dr, Paul Palmberg, MD, PhD, Prof
Published in : American Journal of Ophthalmology.
- Publication - 13 :
Surinder Singh Pandav, Natasha Gautam Seth, Faisal Thattaruthody,Manpreet Kaur, Madhuri Akella, Abhinav Vats, Sushmita Kaushik, Srishti Raj
Published in :British Journal of Ophthalmology (2019).